Note on Accessibility and Privacy
I strongly believe that the Internet is for everyone. I really hope the Internet acts as the great equalizer.
Accessibility and Privacy are two important tenets to make sure everyone can freely, and safely access the wonders of the web.
I'm trying my best to make my website more accessible. To that end, I promise to document and provide updates.
I promise to ensure as much transparency as possible when it comes to my site.
Steps I've taken to enhance accessibility:
- Rewrote the website using semantic HTML.
- (still working on) bettering the screen reader experience. I will use a screenreader simulator and test my site.
- Alt tags, (working on) ARIA tags
- Sufficient contrast, minimal design
- Toggleable animations and motion,"Easy Read" mode. (working on) automatic toggling of Easy Read if user has "reduce animations" enabled on their browser.
- Made the site as light as possible.
- (Working on) sitemap
If you have some advice, please do let me know! I'd love to make my site more accessible. You can leave a message on the chatbox.
Steps I've taken to enhance privacy:
- Use cactus.chat for the chatbox. It is open-source too! Their Gitlab page. There is no need to login to post a comment!
- No trackers.